Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Favorite Things Linky: Must-Have Picture Books + eBooks


Read Alouds...I. LOVE. THEM. and STUDENTS. LOVE. THEM. You do too, right?! Not only do I love the magic of sharing a book with my kids but I also love listening to others read too! One of my favorite moments of each week is on Friday mornings when my class goes to visit our librarian. We call them Book Talks. Our librarian selects some books and reads a few pages aloud to the class from each book. She does such an amazing job taking on the roles of the characters...using different voices, raising and lowering her voice, slowing and quickening the pace all depending on the context...the students (and myself!) are hooked and excited to explore and check out books that we may not have noticed otherwise. This story leads me to do a Book Talk of my own for you as part of Teaching Trio's Linky Party: A Few of My Favorite Things! Below are a few of my favorite books that I have recently read to my students.






In addition to having a love for picture books and read alouds, I am beginning to become a fan of eBooks as more familiar titles are made available. Check out Storyline Online and Epic! Storyline Online has well-known actors reading aloud popular children's books while Get Epic! has a range of recognizable fiction (think Scaredy Squirrel!) and nonfiction (that's kid friendly for young readers!) ebooks available to be read on the iPad or computer (another tip from our wonderful librarian!). Both are free! 



Happy Reading!

Visit Teaching Trio to link up and/or see more favorite things! 




4 comments:

  1. We absolutely love Mo Willems, especially Piggie and Gerald! My boys always check them out from the library when we make our weekly trips. We also love the Pigeon books. Thank you for sharing these book ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recommendations!
    I love the EPIC website (app). I just signed up for it. I think my primary kids will love it!
    Thank you so much for sharing!

    Ashley
    Teaching in the Net

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, love your blog, and I'm your newest follower on Bloglovin'! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much! Have a Happy Day! :)

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs